United Methodist Volunteers in Mission, SEJ is the short-term mission sending agency of the Southeastern Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church. UMVIM exists to promote, encourage and enable Christians to exemplify “Christian Love in Action” through short-term mission service at home and abroad. UMVIM provides opportunities for service by developing and nurturing relationships with domestic and international leaders. We continually nurture our contacts with these leaders to respond to the needs of local communities and provide comprehensive training resources for team leaders to help them prepare their teams for the mission field.
Church Relations/Communications Director $35,000 annual starting salary
UMVIM, SEJ is seeking a Church Relations/Communications Director to create and implement communications and development plans for the organization. The office is based in Birmingham, Alabama.` In addition to salary, monthly health insurance reimbursement and pension will be provided.
- Develop and coordinate external communications
- Promote the ministries/programs of the organization through Constant Contact, social media (FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram), and website
- Visit (as an exhibitor or speaker) local churches, annual conferences and events
- Develop and coordinate donor strategies and annual plan for fund-raising
- Maintain records of donors and send acknowledgements
- Develop a measuring system for determining the success of each communication and development campaign
- Maintain editorial control of all communications on behalf of the organization creating a communication plan
Successful candidates should have:
- Experience in marketing, communications or public relations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Public Relations, Journalism or a related field
- Exceptional communication skills
- Must be available to travel at least one to two weeks each month throughout the Southeastern Jurisdiction
- Skills in marketing, social media, Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop, donor software (GiftWorks), and graphic design
To apply, applicants should send the following to email@example.com by Tuesday, April 18, 2017:
- Cover lettering outlining how you meet the specific requirements of the position
- Three (3) Reference letters
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Please note that the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check.