Thursday, November 20, 2014

{#GivingTuesday} Day 19: Devon Dollar

http://umvim.org/about_us/givingtuesday.html

It's hard to believe that one week from today is Thanksgiving! Our #GivingTuesday campaign has been so much fun for us, and we hope you are enjoying it as well!

We are very excited about today's #UNselfie, because not only does it give us yet another opportunity for the story of our ministry to be told...but it also correlates with some exciting updates you'll see over on our website!

Meet Devon Dollar. She's a college student in Jackson, Mississippi, and is the Chairperson of the 2015 Young People in Mission Design Team. Young People in Mission is an event where youth and young adults from across our jurisdiction come together to become the trained, equipped leaders of the next generation heading into the mission field. Each year has a different theme and is put together by a group of young people called the Design Team. They work hard all year long to find speakers and workshop leaders across the United Methodist connection who have powerful messages that resonate with and inspire the young people of today.


http://umvim.org/go/youth-young-adults/young_people_in_mission/


"YPIM has impacted my life in so many ways, but the biggest impact would have to be the opportunity to be around so many people that show me how to be the best version of myself. I get to be around people who love to love the Lord just as much or more than I do. That is refreshing to see and be around for a short time each summer. YPIM has also shaped me to become a leader, something that I did not know I was. Being on the Design Team has brought me out of my shell a lot, but what is most important to me is the friendships that I have formed over the years attending YPIM. It is my safe place. A place where I know without a shadow of a doubt that the Lord is always with me. When I say place, I mean it’s wherever YPIM is being held, the people that attend are what makes YPIM so special."

Your #GivingTuesday donation helps keeps programs like Young People in Mission thriving. Like all other aspects of our ministry, we simply wouldn't exist with your prayers and support!

Head over to the Young People in Mission page on our website, the new updated information for 2015 is live! And check out the series of posts about our 2014 event starting here to give you an idea of how amazing these 4 days each summer are to young people in the Southeastern Jurisdiction.

Stay tuned here on the UMVIM blog and follow us across social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) this month as our #GivingTuesday campaigns continues. For more info on #GivingTuesday and the worldwide ‪#‎UNselfie‬ movement, and to make a donation of your own on December 2, 2014 through the Advance, please click here!

*(GBGM will begin matching donations at midnight EST on December 2, 2014, up to $1 million dollars, max $2500 per donor.)

No comments:

Post a Comment