Sunday, November 23, 2014

{#GivingTuesday) Day 22: Marisa Duber and the Monticello UMC Student Ministry

http://umvim.org/about_us/givingtuesday.html

Welcome back to the UMVIM #GivingTuesday campaign! Today we would like to introduce you to yet another student who participates in our Young People in Mission event. 



"Young People in Mission has impacted my life in such a positive way. I've been going for four years and I grow in my faith more every year. If not for YPIM I honestly have no idea where I would be in my faith, probably down a path I didn't need to be down, doing things that aren't pleasing to God. YPIM also opened my heart up to mission and helped me realize what I wanted to do with my life, it made me realize how much I can do while still doing God's work. I've been so blessed with my experiences there and being given the chance to be apart of the Design Team. Being able to plan the event that in a way saved my walk and my future with God is such an amazing chance and I only hope more young people are changed the same way I am and that they fall in love with the camp and the atmosphere the same way I did." - Marisa Duber

It humbling for us as a ministry to hear words like this from a young person! Marisa, you are an amazing young woman, and thank you for being such an integral part of Young People in Mission! We can't wait to see you and the entire Monticello UMC student ministry next summer.

Stay tuned here on the UMVIM blog and follow us across social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) this month as our #GivingTuesday campaigns continues. For more info on #GivingTuesday and the worldwide ‪#‎UNselfie‬ movement, and to make a donation of your own on December 2, 2014 through the Advance, please click here! The Advance will begin matching donations at 12:01am EST on December 2, 2014! (Up to $1 million dollars  $2500 per donor.)

For more information on the 2015 Young People in Mission event, please click here.




No comments:

Post a Comment